Monday, December 15, 2008

News...

Well, we thought Mackenzie was coming home today. As usual, the different doctors tell us different things, which by the way is annoying the heck out of us, and so she cannot come home until tomorrow. Technically, they have to keep her for 72 hours after any kind of "event". Since she had a little choking episode at 6am on Sat morning, she can't leave until 6am on Monday. The doctor did comprimise with us and told me she would write DC orders at 6am before she leaves that way we won't have to wait around all morning tomorrow. SO.....we will be there for her 5am feeding, get our paperwork, and get the heck out of that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, they have taken good care of Mackenzie, it's just been frustrating dealing with 50 different doctors how all have their own opinions on things and it seems like they all do what they want which is most of the time different from the next one. It's made the whole NICU roller coaster a little bit harder for us. So please pray for our daughter today for her to have a good night and to come home in the morning :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed and am sending smooth night prayers to Mackenzie! They thrive so much better at home, as long as she's stable which it sounds like she is! I know I kept telling Robert when the twins were in the NICU I just wanted to hear the same plan for more than one day. It is so frustrating with the different doctors and nurse practicioners never wanting the same thing! I can completely relate to all your emotions! Bless those nurses in the NICU for going through this rollar coaster with you!

I know anxiety may prevent, but try to get some rest tonight...you may not sleep again! ;)