Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Counting down the days....
















Well, Mackenzie has graduated from eating every-other feed by mouth to every feed by mouth!!!!!!! Which means no more NG Tube!!!!!!! She took every feed yesterday and last night by mouth and still gained weight which means she is showing us that she is figuring out how to suck, swallow, and breathe without tiring herself out!!! Unfortunately, on Monday she had an episode during the night where her heartbeat slowed down and she was holding her breath. It took a little stimulation from the nursing to get her going again, so therefore she has to stay for at least another week. Of course I would rather her stay in case it happens again because she is continuously monitored there. The doctor told me today that if she does good for the week, she will be able to come home early next week. If she has another episode, then they will discuss the possibility of her coming home with an apnea monitor...which honestly would be fine with me!!!!! It's not a big suprise that this happened, it is very common in premature babies...we will just have to wait and see what happens!!!! Thank you to everyone for your prayers...God is working his charm with our little girl and we are very grateful for the things he is doing in her life already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG... I am so happy for you, however I agree that I would rather her come home with monitor as well. I'm sure she will do well. I can't get over how much she is changing and growing. I want to hold and squeeze her little cheeks. Love the pink hat. Love to all... Miss ya...
Aunt Linda