Friday, July 31, 2009

Back again....

Well, I was doing pretty well at home over the past few days. But this morning around 2am, I woke up feeling quite nauseous. I went for a walk around the neiborhood hoping it was gas, but when I got back I was still feeling lousy. I asked Mike to run across the street to Walgreens to get me pepto and as soon as I got some in my mouth, I started throwing up green bile. As a nurse, I knew this was bad. I called the hospital where I work and spoke with one of the peds resident's who is a friend of mine. She suggested I come in to the ER and get some tests done. So at around 4:30am we arrived and I am still here. Thank the Lord that Mike's mom is here this week....we were able to leave Mackenzie at home with her. Well, I had a CT done, and it showed a small bowel obstruction. I have another NG tube and I am not allowed to eat or drink anything. I saw my surgeon this afternoon and he said we will just have to rest my bowel and see what happens. My body might fix itself, if not then I have to have more surgery. As you can imagine, that is the last thing I want to have to do. Please keep me in your prayers as I recover from this. If surgery is needed, the surgeon said it will be a little more extensive than before, so I would really rather sit here for a few days with my NG tube and get better with God's help, not the surgeons!

No comments: